Thursday, April 30, 2009

the vendor

The other day I was assigned something last minute–go to the corner and take a photo at noon of a news paper vendor who sells dollar papers to help the homeless. So I went over and met Johnny. I took a few photos, but then worked out with him that we'd meet up at the place he goes downtown to pick up more papers for the evening hours. So I hung out with/followed Johnny for a few hours. He is the Denver Voice's top vendor currently. Last month he had the highest paper sales in the nation. Really cool, sweet humble man. He's also very serious about his job.
I plan on talking to him for longer to get more in depth about his background and hopefully to get a few better photos.

I went black and white with this one.


He takes public transportation and walks to get around town.


Johnny is good at making friends with pedestrians. He seems to know everyone.


Sorting and folding his papers, making sure that everything is perfect.

Getting hot now that it's springtime.


No comments: