Monday, May 11, 2009

beauty

May 11, 2009

Often, I wonder how we are still existing. I wonder how people can rape and murder and commit crimes throughout the world... And all the while I am sitting in the safety of my own home with enough time to wonder.
I have decided that it is not about war, nor is it about death. It's about the beauty found in spite of it all. Even in the face of desolation, the sun still sets and casts the most graceful light across everything. The black columns of smoke that mark loss and sadness still swirl in the most uniquely beautiful way.
As soldiers tramp by, a flower looks on.
If we are to survive these darkest of dark days, we must never forget to notice the beauty of life that constantly surrounds us. We must learn to feel that common love which we all inherently share.
There is something to be said for the beauty that is found solely in the present moment.
Why am I a photographer?
Because I'm obsessed with capturing that beauty, that moment, and sharing it with the world.

"love moves on,

life goes on...



see how we fade."
-Jose Gonzales



No comments: