This summer has been tough for me because I've been working a lot, but most of that work has been unpaid. It's been great, and I've learned a lot, met some really great people, grown as a photographer... But not having money is hard. I just turned 21 this summer, and I'm starting the transition into more complete independence, but I couldn't really do that this summer. I didn't have a steady enough schedule to fill my free time with a paying job (IF I could have found one). I do senior and family portraits and odd jobs here and there... But it's been rough. And I couldn't have done it without my mother. She's truly become one of my best friends, and she's a constant well of encouragement and support.
It's a common occurrence for me to find myself at her dining room table with my head in my hands, wondering with a worn out drawl if I'm choosing the right thing. These are usually at the end of a long week after enduring many late nights and early mornings, and after having taken thousands of photos. She tells me every time how proud she is and how she knows it's hard, but that I am doing the right thing, even if I have to do it for free for a while. My mother who is an extremely talented artist and a wonderful woman with keen insight, who paints the world in only the brightest of tones. I love her, she is my guide, my rock, my inspiration.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Great picture of your mom. I have been following your blog and love your photographs, and I agree, keep at it! The world needs more people with vision, in the deepest sense of the word.
you are so talented, little sister. u will be a star someday, i just know it.
Post a Comment