Sunday, August 16, 2009

to bow and to bend, we will not be ashamed

Sometimes, after a long day, or a long week... (You know what I'm talking about, all your muscles are sore, and your eyes slip out of focus every 2 minutes.) I just want to sleep for a year and then when I wake up, pick up my camera, leave my cell phone, computer and everything else behind and drive. Just drive and drive and never look back.
Maybe someday I will. I also haven't completely ruled out all the other careers I would like to pursue: firefighter, EMT, boxer, astronaut, teacher, professional ultimate frisbee player. Only time will tell what I choose.

It's interesting to me how very different we think we all are from each other but at the end of the day, we are so very much alike it can be almost shocking. I guess hanging out with a multitude of differing people all the time gives me perspective. Here's one example:

I took both of these images this weekend, one at the AIDS walk/run and the other at a very small Baptist church in Berthoud. I liked them both, and it was only until I saw them together that they seemed to somehow interact.




No comments: